Monday, November 30, 2009

Big decisions

We have to move by March 1st. At first, we were thinking of finding a one bedroom apartment, somewhere still in Los Angeles. I mean, we had considered other cities as well, but I thought we had realized it wouldn't be possible... at least not yet. And now Scott has sent in his info to a new Whole Foods opening in Hawaii! How am I supposed to move to Hawaii? This is a huge change. I mean, I've never even been to Hawaii... and I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that I would be moving somewhere completely unfamiliar to me. Let alone moving away from all the friends and family that I have. This is huge. (I'll probably say that a few more times while writing this.) But it is also extremely exciting. I am young, I have a family. I need to think about what is best for all of us. Taking the girls away from their family will be hard. But I know the minute I tell them we are moving to Hawaii they will flip out. They have been begging to live in Hawaii for months now (thank you, Scooby Doo). I've been trying to figure out a way to get the girls further from their father (that is a whole different blog though...), so this could all be a blessing in disguise. I could, also, be getting myself hyped on moving to an island, just to find out that Scott didn't get the job. So do I start looking for places to live in both states until we know for sure? Do I leave myself just one month to find somewhere to live? I am a planner. I am an organizer. I have lists to make and things to do. This is huge. For now, I will be still. I will go where ever the universe sees fit, and I will do that without any questions.

1 comment:

  1. I can see where this would seem like a difficult choice for you. It's a big decision, but I am sure that you will make the right one. In fact, in the next year and a half, I will be going where ever Donnie (my bf) goes. He is in the Navy and we will be going to put in requests for Hawaii, Guam, and places here in California. I would love to live in Hawaii. Yah its far from everyone, but you would adapt to the beautiful things that place has to offer. It's safer for the girls. They would really enjoy the places to see. I don't see how anyone could get tired of that place. I love just staring at the ocean which is what I do here where I live. On the other hand, maybe all you guys need is a total change of scenary. There are tons of places here in California that would be good for you guys. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will be happy.

    ReplyDelete